CITY GAME NIGHTS
Every month of the school year we plan themed activity nights. Middle school events are on Mondays and High school events are on Thursdays. These events provide a positive atmosphere for all kids, regardless of faith background, to connect with each other. About 90% of the time will be centered on high energy games, and the remaining 10% will introduce the teaching topic for the month.
YOUTH GROUP NIGHTS
The remaining weeks of the month will be smaller and lower key, youth group style programming that includes games, continued teaching from “City nights”, and group discussions.
We are passionate about connecting teens with service opportunities in their own community. We have connected with the Family Resource Center, schools, and local churches to plug students in to various ways they can help. Additionally we do a lot of fundraising through community service.
We take teens off the island to give them "mainland teenager" experiences. Past trips have included bowling alleys, professional sporting events, trampoline parks, ski resorts, and exploring major cities.
We attend weekend retreat opportunities and occasionally join our nearby YoungLife area at weeklong summer camps. The retreat weekends give teens the chance to connect with other believers their own age and worship in services planned for teenagers. The weeklong summer camps are in beautiful locations, full of incredible activities and amenities, and allow teens to disconnect and have fun. They present Christianity in a way that is honest, simple, and unassuming, and it is important that each kid that joins feels welcome regardless of faith background. After 5+ years of coming to summer camp, we feel confident taking all teens here knowing they will have an unforgettable experience.
MEXICO SERVICE TRIP
We organize an almost annual trip to Tijuana, Mexico to serve at various well-established orphanages and organizations. These trips are often the most impactful for the teens from Lopez that go, as many mention later that the trip gives them a major perspective change on life in the United States. Many of the people they encounter are warm, hospitable, and full of joy, regardless of life circumstances. We are constantly learning and adjusting our trips to be the most helpful for the organizations we are connected with, as well as training and teaching students about respecting culture and the people they interact with.